Wednesday 19 September 2012

HELLO I'M BACK

I'M BACK AND I'M READY TO BLOG


As you know I got asked to join the design team at Crafters Companion last week, Well they didn't waste any time getting me started, Thats why I dissappear for a few days, I've never been on a design team before so didn't know what to expect or what was expected of me. The goodies arrived and I freak out, 1) because it is FABULOUS and 2) I realise what I had let myself in for.
The first couple of days I felt sick because I kept thinking I'm not good enough. I've seen so many wonderful crafters on Facebook and blogs and know they are better than me. I spoke to some of my lovely friends on Facebook telling them that I'm so worried that I'm going to let Crafters Companion down. They gave me the courage to just go for it. Well I got there in the end, Thankfully!!!
Next time (if there is a next time) I will have more confidence and do my thing lol

My card for today....

I made this card last night, its a image from Crafters Companion S.W.A.L.K stamps, They are fabulous images. The design is from a sketch design by Emma Goddard, She is fabulous. Love her work. I decided to use shades of lilacs, murberry and pinks.


The card is from Craftwork Cards. I cut papers to make layers and then tore the edges. I used my spellbinder ribbon die and treaded raffia through it.

 
 
 I stamp my image first and coloured it. When I was happy with it I then cut it out. I ink the edges, and distress the background with distress inks. I ink a dolllie and placed behind the topper

 
I wrote Happy Birthday and used the Spellbinder die to cut it out. I used Sizzix flourish die and cut out two in different colours, I placed them behind the label

 
I hope you like my card and Thank you so much for popping over. Please feel free to leave a comment as i love to read them.
 
Thank you
 
Love Lise xxx




20 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Lise,beautiful image,and design.xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Lise...love the colour combo....x x x

pauline said...

Its a very sweet card ,lovely image ,love it xx

Zoe said...

Great card Lise! And don't doubt yourself Hun, they wouldn't have picked you if you wasn't good enough! Xxx

Jassy said...

Incredibly cute! Love it!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Brilliant card Sweetie, Your cards are beautiful.... Lovely sketch by our Emma x

Andree said...

That's gorgeous Lise, I love what you've done with the raffia and the image is so cute x

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great card Lise, fab image and layout Px

Anna McCarthy said...

Cute:-)

Kate M said...

You have done great with this Lisa - it's lovely - keep up the good work!!
Kate
xx

sam said...

this card is fantastic xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so adorable and beautifully designed, Lisa.
Thanks for leaving some sugar on my blog.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Unknown said...

What an adorable card! Just lovely.

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card Lise, you have done yourself and Crafter's Companion proud. Your cards are always beautiful x

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

Fabulous and worth all the hard work and stress. I know how you feel, not that I am on a DT, but just through making commission cards!

But remember they want cards from YOU and not what you think THEY want:) Hope that makes sense:)

We are all sooooo different in our likes and dislikes, remember how many Greeting Cards there are in a Shop to choose from!

So make what you like and you won't go wrong:) Your cards are gorgeous:)
Michelle xxx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

well you have to be brilliant for them to pick you and this cars proves it well done its lovely love the colours and the image emma xx

Dawn said...

What a sweet image, so cute. Love the layout and colour of your card. x

Emma Goddard said...

Absolutely stunning card Lise, you got picked for the dt because it was deserved, your a talented crafter and they are lucky to have you on their team, glad you like the sketch and thank you for the lovely comment xxxx

Celias said...

Stunning card Lise love it , all the best in your new DT post xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cookie said...

Thank you so much you wonderful, lovely ladies for all your fabulous messages, You guys rock xxxx